Like us on Facebook!

Friday, November 08, 2013

Intuitive painting 'HOPE'.

Hello there Beautiful Creators!


I've been hiding away in my temporary studio in Germany for a couple of days to spend some time with me, myself and art. ;-) After reading Flora Bowley's book: 
‘Brave, intuitive painting.’ I was so inspired to spend some time alone with my muse! 
It's a delicious book about letting go, being bold, en letting your art unfold.



 Although I am no stranger to intuitive painting, reading somebody else's view on it is always a good idea in my opinion. The vision on painting intuitively in her book is very close to mine but some of the prompts, ideas and techniques are new to me.
This opened up new possibilities to go deeper, trust more, be braver and let go more. 
It felt fantabulous!!! :-)
I have no pictures of the process of this painting. She wanted privacy to grow and unfold, and so did I. We spend many beautiful hour together!

In the meantime I started a second painting (Flora encourages you to paint on more than one painting at a time) of which I did take pictures of the stages the painting was in. 
It is not finished yet but I will share the whole process with pictures with you as soon as she’s done!

Here’s a slideshow with some close ups of the finished painting called Hope.
It is a mixed media painting. The materials I used are painted papers, acrylic paint, pens, markers, charcoal, pastel pencil, fabric spray paint and inks.
Enjoy!

Happy Creating!
~Monique

4 comments: